Our Physicians and Staff
Bruce Henderson, M.D.
As a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon and fellow in the academy of orthopedic surgeons, I have been fortunate to help my patients for over 35 years. It is my belief that we were designed by our Creator to have a marvelous and intricate musculoskeletal system that can function and even restore itself with proper self care and, when necessary, with the help of orthopedic treatment. I believe it is my job to help guide you through that process to maximize the restorative powers that He has given us. This is my primary goal.
One of the most rewarding parts of orthopedic surgery is the ability to identify and define precisely what is causing the pain or symptoms of each patient as a problem well defined is already three-quarters solved. In most cases, this can be accomplished in the short time of an office visit and an x-ray, however, further sophisticated testing such as MRI and CT scans may be necessary to confirm the diagnosis or give guidance for possible surgery.
I have been working in Orthopedic Surgery for over 35 years. While the majority of patients problems can be treated nonoperatively, when necessary, orthopedic surgery often can literally fix and restore the problem you may have. It is a blessing for me to see the remarkable improvement that orthopedic procedures can provide for my patients. My specialty interest is helping people with back pain, spinal problems, most often with nonoperative treatment.
Some of the common procedures I perform are:
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Knee arthroscopy for torn meniscus cartilage and arthritis
- Open rotator cuff repair
- Open and closed treatment of fractures of any bone, especially hip
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACL).
- Minimally invasive spine surgery for relief of spinal stenosis and pinched nerves
- Management and Treatment of osteoporosis with proper supplements and prescription medicines
- Kyphoplasty: minimally invasive cure for painful vertebral compression fractures
- Pediatric orthopedics including congenital hip dislocation, clubfoot, slipped epiphysis and fractures
- Conservative and Operative treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Accurate diagnosis and nonoperative treatment of any musculoskeletal problem
At Oakland Orthopedic Partners, you will be welcomed by our friendly administrative staff who are available to answer your questions regarding: scheduling appointments, patient billing, managed care specialists, and any other matters you wish to discuss.
From there, our highly trained orthopedic medical assistants and physical therapists will provide you with the highest quality of care.